Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Yeah crossfit! and a 5 mile jog

So I ended up biking around yesterday and doing errands, followed by an emergency garage cleaning because a table broke and spilled stuff all over our cars, so I didn't get the WOD in yesterday nor my run. I figured that was ok since cleaning the garage involved doing cleans, ironically, as I lifted stuff up and over my head to put on shelves. I also gardened, pulled weeds, and planted, so it was an active day.

To make up for yesterdays slacking, I did the big dog version of Mondays workout. It went something like this:

50 sit ups
50 dbl unders (single for me since I am hopelessly uncoordinated)
50 sit ups
50 walking lunges
50 sit ups
50 burpees
50 sit ups

Time: 21:51 The burpees kill my time because I am bad at them and they make me dizzy if I do too many in a row fast.

This evening, I led a 5 mile training run for the 10 min pace group. I am a faster runner than this, so it was somewhat challenging to run slow and keep pace. We did 4 x 200m pickups at what was my normal pace, challenging for my group. It was a lot of fun! Its hard to judge if people are enjoying themselves, but apparently one girl in my group told Michelle (another pacer for 9 min) that she liked having me as a pace leader. Too bad I'm only subbing on Tuesdays! If she comes to Saturday morning runs she will have me then.

No comments: