Saturday, July 26, 2008

14 miler...kinda


It was a better morning this morning. I don't know how, but again, I was the first one to arrive out of the pacers. Guess I'm turning over a new leaf! My group was 18 strong to begin, swelled to 20 at Diversey when we picked up some half marathoners, and then shrunk dramatically as many people can't keep the 10 min pace. Lisa and I need to work on this somehow so we can keep all our people together.

Our distance was shorter than it should've been. We did do Cricket Hill (my group was all for it), but that shouldn't have cut off over half a mile. I think that the 7 mile marker is placed too closely to the 6 mile marker. I'll have to check next time we're down that way in two weeks. Either way, its the longest I've run since the marathon last October.

In good news, my foot made it to 11.63 miles before starting to get sore...maybe this week of PT exercises is helping already???? That's 2.5 more miles than last week before pain settled in.

I was happy with the doctor because when I asked about running, he said "Let pain be your guide!" Whohooo that's my philosophy as well!

Totaldistance: 13.4 mi
Time: 2:13:54
Pace: 10 min/mile

1 comment:

Katie said...

I bought the new shoes today... I may tackle an evening run tonight... we'll see how that goes... it will probably only be 3 miles or so...