Thursday, May 8, 2008

3 mi run and thoughts on teaching

I've been resting that foot. That bad bad foot. I decided to go for 3 miles today and it was ok. I could feel the foot at times during the run, although it didn't hurt nearly as much as 2 weeks ago. I iced it when I go home to be safe. I also finally ordered some items to help stretch it to aid the healing process. I hope the night split works. I really need to get back to running. It really shapes my attitude and my view on life. I couldn't possibly be a teacher without running. These past three weeks have confirmed that. Especially this week. Its the time of year where the students don't want to work and I don't want to work. The difference is that I recognize I don't want to work, acknowledge it, and work through it. The students say "nah I don't feel like working" and don't work. Its frustrating and you don't really feel like you are making a difference. Sometimes I feel like I work so hard and its for nothing since you don't see immediate rewards. Running helps to alleviate that pain.

No comments: