Saturday, April 19, 2008

10K PR!

Did the Wrigley Early Start 10K yesterday with my friend Daniela. It was a cool rainy morning, but the rain stopped before the race, so that was great. I finished in 53:16, which is a PR for me. Could've done better but I had difficulty starting at 4.5 mi...didn't eat enough before the race, or I would've been closer to 52 min. And...Daniela got 2nd place for women in the 10K!!



After the race, Daniela and I did a 2 mi cooldown jog. We then waited around for 30+ min for her award, but there was confusion about the results, so it was very anticlimatic. We then jogged our last 2 miles (I had to actually do 10 mi today, not 10K for my half marathon training), and the sun peeked out, so that was cool.



The race course was difficult--they had us crossing when people were still running north we were crossing over their direction of travel and trying to run south. Bleh. And the finish had the walkers finishing at the same time as the runners, and the walkers take up the whole path, so that was a PITA as well. Don't think I'll do that race again, though I'll take my PR and be happy with it!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yay for PR's! :)

On that whole running a race thing... we'll see about that... :P

Mr. Mirek said...

CONGRATS ON THE PR! Man, I need to get out there and run a race soon! I am losing my competitive spirit! maybe soon, but May 3rd is looking more like a track meet day than a 5k day...boo hoo! Way to go!

Brad said...

Great job!