Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm a winner!!!


So I haven't written since last Saturday, and for good cause...


I injured my plantar fascia (aka plantar fasciitis in my left foot) and I've been resting it. AKA not doing jack. I did eat really well this week (aka 1500 cal/day). So tonight was a really big night for Nike. Got passed by Abdi Abdirahman (see photo, he's preetty and weighs less than me) with about .5 miles to go...but that is alright since his 5K PR is like 13 min or something craaazy....


So I ran 3 mi, we'll see how that feels tomorrow.


I won WON an entry to the Chicago Marathon, which I did not sign up for, and it sold out today. Can you say HOORAY!!?!?!? That's 110 smackers for free!


Club RunChi has really been bringin it...tonight we got free marathon dri-fit shirts, drinks at a private party after the run, etc. Lovin' being part of the nike family....


Didn't do crossfit AT ALL this week...a combination of my foot and that darn lack of motivation.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your foot! Injuries are the pits! I cursed a lot when my hip flexer was all f'd. It's still getting tight after workouts. Anyhoo... great job keeping up with running injury and all, and as for the Chicago marathon, CONGRATS! :) That is truly awesome news. :) I'll consider the 5K and the trip to Chicago, but one one condition! I am allowed to be an indy pace car... ;)