Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Motivation crash n burn

So the clean and jerks did me in for the weekend. My back hurt all weekend, so I opted out of running. It is the laziness that infects me every once in a while.

NOOOOO running since last Wed. I am going to go tomorrow if the weather holds. My back hurt Sat/Sun and Mon I was just lazy. I really need to do some running if I want any success at the Green Bay half marathon in 6 weeks.

I was not a complete slob. I gardened for 3 hours on Saturday (hauling compost and mulch and spreading it) and I played a game of softball on Sunday. I also drank lots of beers which negated it.

Aaahhhh then today. Mr. Mirek needed me to be a partner with Denise for our workout.

It went like this:

3 rounds of
15 knees to chest jump
1 min max pushups
1 min max situps
1 min max squats

Total reps for push,sit,squat was 385 for me. After the first round of pushups, I switched to modified pushups which helped improve my times. It was fun working out with the kids especially when it started raining as soon as I left work and I couldn't run...again! Boooooo...

3 comments:

Mr. Mirek said...

That was awesome working with the kiddos! Thanks for your help again and making things like that fun for everyone!

Katie said...

Everybody has a motivation crash and burn... don't sweat it... just get back in one day at a time! :)

Brad said...

Hang in there!