Sunday, April 13, 2008

Finally something worthwhile

I almost didn't go. I was watching Animal House this am, feeling lazy, and I knew I had to go do an 8 mile run. I had to run by myself because all my run buds were busy. I looked at my dog and considered taking her hiking instead, but then I told myself to get my a** off the couch and go run. It was quite pleasant. Went to one of my running spots in the woods and pounded out 8 mi in 1:17:04. Not the fastest run in the world, but it was very consistent, and that made me happy because I didn't know how 8 miles was going to feel after only running twice in the last 2 weeks. I was a little disappointed when I got home and realized I should've run 9 miles ( I misread the training program), but that's okay because I'll be back on track with doing 10 miles next weekend.



This does not mean I'm feeling motivated, because I'm not. It does mean that I was able to quasi-motivate for a small period of time which allowed me to get out and get it done. Hopefully that will happen later this week as well.


1 comment:

Brad said...

The workout you really don't want to do is, most often, the very one you should...

Way to push on.!