Saturday, April 26, 2008

Can softball be crossfit?

I went to this cute indoor batting cage today where you hand feed the balls to the machine. A much better deal than the automatic machines, though more labor intensive to pick up all the balls. Right now my arms are feeling kinda like they do after a crossfit workout...or maybe that's because I haven't crossfitted for a week! I am going to try to get some done in the desert. I'm taking a group of students to New Mexico tomorrow morning. My PF is feeling better, though not perfect. I'm hoping to get a few runs in this week along with some pushups, squats, etc. I'll make up my own New Mexico routine.

Our game last night was entertaining. The word to describe it would be deluge. We played in rain so heavy that it looked like sheets of rain coming down when you saw it in the light. Our team was for it, as was the other team, so we played until the lightning was overhead. Probably not the smartest...but fun!! It was cancelled after a few innings. I wonder when we will finish this spring season...in July?!? We've gotten to play one game in 6 weeks. I've purchased cleats and batting gloves now...guess I'm getting into it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better! Keep taking care of yourself so you can jump back in the mix.

As for Chicago... we'll see... ;)

Katie said...

Tanya?!?! *knock knock knock* You haven't been lost in the desert have you?!?! :(