Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3 mile run

Today was report card pickup day, so I didn't have to be to work until noon. I arrived at 10:30, but before that...

I woke up early and went to go for a 3 mile run. As I was putting on my shoes, Lucy hopped off the bed and licked my face. How could I resist that? So I spent the first half mile of my run with Lucy (she's shaped like the Exxon Valdez), and then the last 2.5 with myself. On my way back home, I passed a guy walking his dog who recognized me from when I passed him before, probably due to my bright orange shirt and the fact that I am basically the only runner in my neighborhood! He said "Heading back so soon?" to which I replied "I'm only doing 3 today" to which he replied, laughing "Thats more than I'm going to do!"

I then went and picked up my fertilized chicken eggs and went to work. This is a workout blog, but I have to discuss a bit of work. My Garden/Conservation kids set up a table to sell organic all purpose cleaners that we had made. We were hoping to sell 50 kits, but we ended up selling over 100! I'm impressed with how my students have shown growth in so many ways. They were very shy as freshmen last year, but this year they have really stepped up to the plate. They had their sales pitch down. They also were pushing the environmental aspect of our cleaners, and the benefits of the CFL's that we were giving away as well. I'm known as the environmentalist type at our school, and I'm hoping to get a group of kids with that mindset as well. It seems to be happening, and since they're only sophomores, there is still two more years to go.

No comments: