Sunday, March 9, 2008

3 miles of adventure + 5 miles of running = 8 miles

I convinced Marisa and Daniela to go run Palos Hills today. I figured that since it hasn't snowed in a while, and everything melted, that the paths would be clear. HAH! If only I had remembered to bring my Yaktrax...this was the perfect run for that. We decided to go for it anyhow. We made it about 1.5 miles, with Daniela falling 3 times and Marisa falling twice (and yours truly falling NOT EVER!! I know this is unbelievable to some of you!). It was truly an ice skating rink! Then we said screw this and turned around. We got back to the car and drove to another place I knew about that was close.

Here we were able to put in a blissful 5 miles with an average pace of 8:55 per mile. Hooray!

Total run time: 1:17:04

3 comments:

Mr. Mirek said...

WOW! Tanya managed to stay off her patootie! Congratulations! Yes, I am jealous you had a nice "day off" yesterday. Teacher certification tests suck bootie! 6AM to 6PM at McCormick Place is not a great day. I can't wait to see your "infected" CF ouchie. ONE WEEK TO SPRING BREAK! LET'S ROCK THIS WEEK!

Katie said...

Tanya, I'm insanely jealous. I can't run to save my life! I'm completely impressed that you can run that long! Way to go. As for the shoes, it's not a stupid question. CrossFit Old Town rents space from a Jiu Jitsu facility. Shoes bring in stones and rip up the mats, so we have to be careful when throwing weights etc. When we row, the rowers are set on gymnastic mats turned upside down so we don't damage the Jiu Jitsu mats. :) Happy to explain! Just keep running! :)

Brad said...

I am working up to try running again soon.

Nice time!!