Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blondus Imperfectus

Nike Shamrock training run

5.88 mi in 51:56 (8:49/mi)

So I ran with the 9 min pace group, planning on doing 5 mi. Briefly thought of 7, but then changed my mind when I found Jackie on the trail. Gotta save up for Saturday's race. Close to Niketown I decided to go plug my meter on my car so I don't get a ticket. Its a pretty good deal, $1/hr in downtown Chicago. So I turn of on what I thought was St. Clair Av. I went down to where my car was parked and couldn't find it. I ran up and down the street (made up my 2 repeats from yesterday), and then finally figured out that I had turned on the wrong street. It took me .6 mi to figure this out, and a total of .88 extra miles to get back to Niketown. You can't win them all.

3 comments:

Mr. Mirek said...

Don't worry, we've all had our blonde moments! HA! I can just imagine the thoughts going through your head..."Did they tow my car for no reason?" HAPPY SPRING BREAK! HAVE A BLAST IN AZ! (secretly jealous, okay not so secret anymore)

Unknown said...

So I am one of the so called "Nike" Friends not a "Crossfit" friend.

Your blonde moment was quickly forgotten after Daniela wasn't sure how tall she was and was off by a decade on her Dad's age. Good thing we helped her with the math so she now knows his real age.

Have fun in AZ, So jealous

JK

Brad said...

A long time ago, I came out of the grocery store, unloaded my groceries to the backseat, got in and the key would not fit...OOPS! Wrong Car!!!

At least you are able to see the make up for the treadmill incident as the positive!!